Every February, 100 young Filipinos will be allowed annually to stay in New Zealand for up to 12 months. This year, the quota was already full. Further places will become available in February 2016.
To be eligible, the applicant must be:
- be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines and have a passport from the Philippines that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
- not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here
meet our health and character requirements
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years’ full-time university study
- have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional (see note below)
be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit, and
- not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.
*You are required to hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
For more information, please go to New Zealand Immigration.