Immigration New Zealand has made it easier for skilled people to live and work in New Zealand by making changes to the Skilled Migrant Category. These changes come into effect on 30 July, and you could be eligible for more points!
The changes include:
* An increase to the bonus points awarded for skilled employment, a recognised qualification and work experience in an identified future growth area
* An introduction of bonus points for a post-graduate New Zealand qualification (Masters or Doctorate)
* A reduction in the number of years of New Zealand work experience required to claim the applicable bonus points
* An increase to the bonus points awarded for a principal applicant’s partner’s recognised qualification and skilled employment in New Zealand
* A restructure of how bonus points are awarded for study in New Zealand
* Removing the award of bonus points for skilled employment, a recognised qualification and work experience in an identified cluster.
* A review of the list of recognised qualifications
* A more transparent and appropriate definition of skilled employment.
Visit Beehive website for the complete text.